Kang GURU English Language
Radio in Indonesia
The KGI radio program is a great way to study English and a great and easy way to learn about Australia's Education Partnership with Indonesia
and the work of the Australia Indonesia Partnership. The Kang Guru radio English-language program has 30 minutes of language help, interviews, more bilingual information and as usual news and information about the ties and links between Australia and Indonesia especially in education and culture.
The program is designed for junior high school levels of English. Listen for the new segments but regular segments such as Idioms Inggris will still be on the program.Kang Guru radio is heard on 200+ RRI and selected private and public radio stations all over Indonesia each week.
Some of the KGI broadcast radio stations are community and school-based stations and they broadcast Kang Guru Indonesia radio programs using AM, FM and SW channels right across the Indonesian archipelago every week. That is a total of over 230 broadcasts each week — that's almost 35 KGI broadcasts every day somewhere in Indonesia talking about Australia and Indonesia, education and friendship.
Have you joined yet?
Facebook is a great
way to get
ALL of the latest news from Kang Guru Indonesia.
Kang Guru Radio
Schedules Province by Province
|Listen to the full radio programs for 2013-14
You can listen online by clicking on the specific program number. If you are looking for specific tracks, please consult the Transcripts.
If you want to download a program, right click and select Save target as.
Why should English language learners listen to English language radio especially Kang Guru? By listening to the weekly Kang Guru radio program regularly listeners can —
- hear native speakers (Australian, British, American, Irish, etc.) using English in interviews and
- enjoy Indonesians speaking English including Indonesian students, academics, artists and personalities
and AusAID project staff
- find out more about the work that Indonesians and Australians are doing together through the wide
variety of AusAID projects in Indonesia
- hear a lot more news and information on a wide variety of topics than the KGRE magazine can provide
- improve pronunciation skills by listening and copying what they hear
- hear English being used in natural situations — interviews are an excellent example of
- win prizes in the many radio only competitions
- follow simple language activities inc. comprehension activities
- learn about Australian and Indonesian culture and lifestyle
- hear the latest news on scholarships and exchange programs to Australia
- enjoy a wide selection of Australian music and on special occasions, Indonesian music
‘From Sabang to Merauke’